At Fiddler on the Roof Chimney Service, we take pride in our premier chimney services and repairs. If your home is equipped with a fireplace or wood burning stove that you haven’t used since the winter, then it’s time to schedule a chimney sweep and cleaning to ensure the performance and efficiency of your appliance and chimney. In L.A. you may only use your fireplace or wood burning stove a few times per year, but a professional sweep and cleaning is still essential to its overall health. Common indicators that it’s time for a chimney sweep…
- Difficulty Starting or Maintaining a Fire – When this occurs, chances are there is an obstruction in your chimney shaft that is interfering with the air flow needed.
- Presence of Creosote – Creosote can easily burn and cause fires within your internal chimney or your walls, and is composed of harmful chemicals that are dangerous to breathe in.
- Noticeable Strong Odor – If you notice a foul smell rather than the typical pleasant smell of burning wood, more than likely the updraft system of your chimney is not working properly and can release odorless gases, including carbon monoxide into your living space. These gases are extremely harmful to your family’s health and can even lead to death.
- Excessive Smoke in Your Living Space – While burning a fire, if there is a great deal of smoke created, rest assured you have a blockage in your chimney shaft that is disrupting proper airflow.
- Damaged Damper – The damper on your fireplace is responsible for regulating air flow into your appliance and your chimney. If the damper becomes damaged, adequate airflow cannot be maintained.
Summer is here and is definitely an ideal time of year to schedule your chimney sweep and cleaning. Here at Fiddler on the Roof Chimney Service, our experienced chimney inspectors and technicians stand ready to serve your every need.
For more information about our services and our team, or if you are in need of a chimney sweep and cleaning, then be sure to contact us today!